Beef Brisket and Gravy
Another great meat recipe here ladies and gents. I love BBQ brisket better than anything BUT, sometimes I don't have 8-12 hours worth of time to smoke it. I made this beef brisket and gravy in less than 90 minutes and it was absolutely delicious! The macros are perfect for keto and the flavor was through the roof! I hope y'all enjoy!
BEEF BRISKET AND GRAVY INGREDIENTS AND MACROS:
- 1 POUND BEEF BRISKET
- 1 CUP BEEF BROTH
- SALT AND PEPPER
- LIQUID SMOKE
- 4 TBSP HEAVY CREAM
- 1 TBSP BUTTER
- 1 TBSP ALMOND FLOUR
- Cover brisket with salt and pepper.
- Pour broth and liquid smoke into pressure cooker.
- Pressure cook brisket on manual setting for 50 minutes.
- Let cooker naturally release pressure for 10-15 minutes.
- Broil each side of brisket for 5-10 minutes
- Melt butter.
- Stir in almond flour.
- Stir in heavy cream.
- Take off heat and allow thickening.
NOTE: In hindsight, I cooked this a little longer than I would have preferred. However, I tend to gravitate towards medium rare with my meats. If you prefer a more cooked meat, this this should be perfect. If you like your meat a little more rare, I would consider 40 minutes in the pressure cooker rather than 50 minutes.
Check out my other recipes here: http://ketosavage.com/kitchen/
This is the pressure cooker used in this video: Instant Pot