Pan Seared Beef Tongue
Alrighty y'all, before you gag at the sight of this beef tongue, it was AMAZING! It's got perfect ketogenic macros and is actually quite easy to prepare. Packed with micronutrients and a ton of flavor, I highly recommend giving this a try!
INGREDIENTS AND MACROS:
INGREDIENTS FOR 4 OZ SERVING:
- Whole Beef Tongue
- 3 cups water (if using a pressure cooker)
- 1 tbsp olive oil (or fat source of your choice)
- Desired seasoning
- Wash tongue in sink.
- Place tongue in pressure cooker along with 3 cups of water.
- Pressure cook on the "stew" setting for 35 minutes.
- Allow pressure to release naturally for 30 minutes.
- Remove from pressure cooker and skin tongue.
- Cut tongue into medallions.
- Season tongue with salt pepper.
- Pan sear with olive oil for 2-3 minutes per side.
- EAT YO TONGUE!
MACROS FOR 4 OZ SERVING:
- If you don't have a pressure cooker, you can accomplish this with a slow cooker or a large pot. Simply boil and then drop the heat down to a simmer. Simmer for 1 hour, per pound of tongue. For instance, a three lb tongue would simmer for three hours (plus maybe a tad extra to be safe.)