Heather Parillo talks about reaching your true potential!
How would you feel knowing you had pushed your body to its limit? In today’s episode, we talk to bonafide badass, Heather Parillo, about her experience training and performing in Kokoro by SEALFIT.
Heather’s background is in leadership development, and at 45 years old, she began searching for a way to push herself to her full potential. At the beginning of her journey, she couldn’t do a pullup, had never run a mile, and was carrying an extra 40 pounds. She gave herself a year to prepare herself mentally, physically, and spiritually for one of the most difficult challenges a civilian could tackle. Much like she transforms businesses in her professional life, Heather set out to transform her body and show just what can be accomplished if you push your body to the limit. Not satisfied with completing 26 miles of the 50-mile grueling event, Heather will return to California in July and become the 20th woman to conquer Kokoro. We look forward to welcoming her back and celebrating her success.
In this episode, you’ll learn more about challenging your mind and body, including:
- What it means to tap into “flow” as an individual and as a team (4:25)
- The importance of not sacrificing your physical health in order to serve your family or
- community (7:10)
- How setting a massive, seemingly impossible goal is what it takes to get motivated
- How gratitude and joy are an important part of any physical, mental, or spiritual journey
- Failure as a defining, motivating moment in your life (18:40)
- When to admit it’s time to stand aside for the benefit of the team (20:49)
- Happiness does not come from the external, it comes from within (26:37)
- The importance of answering the question “who am I?” in order to reach your full
- potential (34:37)
- The pros and cons of social media and how it’s important to spend more time creating
- than consuming (41:00)
- When to know you’ve reached the level of “enough” (48:08)
- The need to push yourself to truly understand your full potential (52:50)
- The importance of surrounding yourself with others who share and believe in your vision (59:24)
You can find Heather and learn more about how she achieved Badassery Mode at: